In 1997, Attorney Stephen T. Bowling joined the United States Navy at the age of 17. Over the course of 10 years spent on active duty, he was deployed three times overseas, traveled to dozens of countries, and served in multiple combat areas in the Middle East and Europe. He was also one of the first responders to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina devastated the area in 2005. Throughout his time serving in the military, Stephen T. Bowling developed a strong sense of character that would ultimately lead him to a law career.
In early 2004, Stephen T. Bowling moved to Ingleside, Texas where he served as a Patrolman, Field Training Officer, Assistant Watch Commander, and Watch Commander with a military police unit for three years. During this time, he gained an intimate knowledge of police procedures, including how DWI arrests are made. Thanks to extensive training, Stephen T. Bowling learned the ins and outs of administering field sobriety tests, detecting and detaining individuals suspected of driving while intoxicated, and ensuring individuals were properly processed for charges.
Now, as a skilled Austin DWI lawyer, Stephen T. Bowling is dedicated to defending those charged with DWI. Having handled hundreds of incident reports as a law enforcement official, he knows firsthand the areas where officers make mistakes and can use this knowledge to help you fight for your rights. Stephen T. Bowling is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, JD
- Navy JAG Professional Responsibility Course, 2004
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (US Navy), 2004
- Intoxilizer 5000 Operator Certification (US Navy), 2004
- Texas Department of Public Safety Law Enforcement Academy, NCIC/TCIC Policy and Procedures, 2005
- NAS/JRB Fort Worth Joint Services Police Department, DWI Detection and SFST Certification, 2004
- Navy and Marine Corp Achievement Medal, 1999
- Commander Battle Group Letter of Commendation, 2000, 2002, 2003
- Certified Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist, 2000
- Commander Fifth Fleet Letter of Commendation, 2001
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, 2003, 2005
- National College of DUI Defense
- State Bar of Texas
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Arrested for a DWI? Call an Austin DWI attorney at (512) 595-7080 to get help.