David served in the United States Navy in a highly trained and specially skilled Antiterrorism/Force Protection Unit. After his enlistment, David became a police officer. First, patrolling the streets of South Florida. Then, here, in Austin, Texas. David served both as a patrol officer, and as a S.W.A.T. officer, and was specially trained as a certified hostage negotiator. He has investigated all sorts of crimes, ranging from DWI to murder. This practical law enforcement experience affords David a detailed understanding and an expertise of police policy and procedure.
During law school, David was a member of the distinguished St. Mary’s Law Journal where he held the position of Senior Associate Editor. As noted, he was the recipient of two outstanding editing and writing awards. David was a Teaching Assistant to his Legal Research and Writing (LRW) Professor Judith Gray and a Research Assistant to his Contracts Professor Colin Marks. Subsequently, he was also a Research Fellow for Stephen M. Sheppard, the Dean of the St. Mary’s University School of Law. David also interned with Judge Julie Kocurek as a member of the 390thDistrict Court trial team. Finally, during David’s final semester, he worked for the Law Office of Chad Van Brunt in San Antonio, Texas, where he handled a variety of Criminal Law matters, and for the Law Office of KG in Austin, Texas, where he handled a variety of Family Law matters.
After graduating law school, David joined the firm and is now the managing attorney at Stephen T. Bowling & Associates- A DWI & Criminal Defense Law Firm.
Professional Membership and Awards:
- National College for DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
David grew up in south Florida and enjoys hiking, running, playing the guitar and jiu-jitsu.
Areas of Practice:
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Drug Possession
- Possession of Marijuana
- Misdemeanor charges
- Felony charges
- Criminal Defense
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science in Business Management with emphasis on Finance, May 2004
Law School Honors and Distinctions:
- St. Mary’s Law Journal, Senior Associate Editor–Twice, received the Excellence Award for Outstanding Editing and Writing
- Recipient of the Charles A. Beckham Jr. Scholarship
- Recipient of the St. Mary’s Law School Pro Bono Certificate
- Member of Phi Delta Phi, the international legal honor society
Free Confidential Evaluation
Fill out the free consultation form to receive a confidential consultation on the charges you are facing.
We will get to know you and your situation so that we can guide you through this uncertain time. We will explain what to expect during the process and, based on your circumstances, ways to fight your case.