After Being Charged with DWI
ACT QUICK-CALL AN AUSTIN DWI ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY!
To verify if your friend or loved one is in the Travis County Jail (in downtown Austin, Texas) you can check here: Travis County Sheriff Inmate Population Reporting System
If they are in custody we can speed up the release!
The first step after a DWI arrest is getting out of jail. We expedite your friend or loved one being released from jail.
ANY AUSTIN JAIL RELEASE FEE PAID TO OUR FIRM IS APPLIED TOWARD THE REPRESENTATION.
Once we secure your Austin Jail Release, any fee that was paid to our firm to secure your release is applied toward your initial retainer payment.
If you have been arrested…
Your FREEDOM is potentially at stake. A conviction can have a huge impact on your job, relationships, and your future. You need to act fast.
What are the steps in an Austin Jail Release:
- The judge will set the bond amount,
- Pretrial Investigations will gather the arrestees information, conduct a background check, and call references,
- The Judge reviews the bond application and approves or denies it,
- The approved bond is delivered to the jail for processing, and
- Your friend or loved one is released, usually within 2-4 hours of the jail receiving the bond.
How do we expedite an Austin Jail Release?
- We go to pretrial investigations and obtain a bond package to interview the arrested individual. This allows us to interview the arrestee to gather the information needed for the background check.
- We take the package directly to pretrial services and wait while the background check is conducted. Once the background check is conducted, Pretrial Investigations will either recommend approving or denying the bond. Although pretrial investigation may recommend denying the bond, the judge will often approve it with an attorney walking the bond through for the arrestee.
- As soon as pretrial services gives their recommendation, we take it to the duty magistrate for approval.
- Once approved we return the bond to pretrial services to prepare a package for delivery for the jail.
- Then we walk the bond to the Jail Bonding office located at 500 W. 10th St. Austin, Texas 78701 for processing.
Without an attorney expediting the bond, it often takes significantly longer for your friend or loved one to get released from jail. Rather than waiting for the Judge to set the bond amount and Pretrial Investigations to conduct the investigation with the bonds of all the other waiting inmates, we can approach the judge to set the bond amount and sign the approval for just our client.
- Can I look online and see the bond amount?
Yes. Once the bond is set you can see the pending charges and the amount of the bond with a Travis County Inmate Search.
- How much do I have to pay for the bond?
The charge for us expediting a bond on an Austin DWI Jail Release is typically $500 per bond for a misdemeanor and Felony bonds vary. Keep in mind this fee is applied toward the initial retainer payment to secure our services. Additionally, the county charges a minimal fee for bond processing that is due after release. This fee is $40 if no Interlock device or other monitoring device is required. If a monitoring device is required it is 3% of the bond amount.
- How do I pay for the jail release?
The fee for a jail release can be paid through this Make a Payment link.
Sworn to Protect Our
KEPT US UP TO DATE EACH STEP OF THE WAY
Stephen Bowling, reviewed our case and discussed his recommendations clearly. He kept us up to date each step of the way with continued explanations. He was readily available for questions/concerns through the process. We would reach out to them again in the future for any legal concerns.
VERY COMMUNICATIVE AND VERY UNDERSTANDING
Stephen is Great, Great , Lawyer!! He give you weekly updates on not just your case but also on what’s going on with his firm as well!!! Stephen is also very communicative and very understanding on any situation!! I would hands down Refer Stephen to anyone with any situation!!! Great job Stephen words can’t describe what you have done for me!!!!